Housing and Dining
Yesterday afternoon, President Myers indicated that Kansas State University plans to maintain its limited operations status through the end of the semester, based on the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly.
Given the move to remote instruction for the remainder of spring semester, the university will close residence halls beginning March 20. President Myers indicated in his letter that an email would be sent to residence hall residents no later than noon Wednesday, March 18, with details on an orderly and structured move-out process. The information provided below serves as instruction for how students on the Polytechnic Campus will complete the required check out and closing process for the residence halls.
Please adhere to following instructions so we can make this as smooth as possible:
- You will be completely checking out of your rooms. All personal items should be removed during the checkout period. Due to the time and efficiency required for this process, you do not need to worry about cleaning your room. The only request is that all trash be removed and placed into the dumpsters in the parking lot and not into the purple trashcans outside the halls.
- Out-of-state students whose permanent home is 8 hours away or more: We understand it might not be possible to come get your stuff during this condensed time frame. Please contact Kyle or Nathan and we will coordinate a specified time to have you move out when travel restrictions and schedules allow. Out-of-state students must have their belongings out of the dorms by May 9, 2020. No exceptions.
- The dates and times for check out are being staggered to ensure adherence to appropriate social distancing guidelines. Please pay close attention to your designated timeframe, as flexibility is limited.
- March 20-March 24 students living on the 1st Floor of Schilling move out between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- March 20-March 24 students living on the 1st Floor of Harbin move out between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- March 24-March 28 students living on the 2nd Floor of Schilling move out between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- March 24-March 28 students living on the 2nd Floor of Harbin move out between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- March 29 and later: Move out by approval only from the Director of Student Life and the Residence Life Coordinator.
- Please fill out the Google Form and select a time and date you wish to move. You may not get your selected time, but please be flexible as we need to mitigate the amount of people on campus at one time. You will get approval from Polytechnic staff and you must move during that time.
- You may bring someone to help you move, but we ask that you keep that to 2 people. Carts will be available. We will also have disinfecting wipes, gloves, and masks (until stock runs out).
Refund Statement from K-State Polytechnic:
Students who have not lived in the residence halls at any time after spring break will receive a prorated credit of their spring 2020 semester room and meal plan charge. The credit will be applied to any balances in the student's KSIS account before being refunded to the student. To ensure refunds are processed correctly, all students must make sure their permanent address in KSIS is up to date. If there's any questions regarding refunding please contact Kari Zook, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residence Life Team