Kansas State UniversityPolytechnic Campus
  1. K-State home
  2. »Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus
  3. »Student Life
  4. »Health and Safety
  5. »Counseling

K-State Polytechnic Office of Student Life
Center for Academic Excellence and Engagement
Technology Center
2310 Centennial Road
Salina, KS 67401

Kyle Chamberlin
Director of Student Life


Need to Talk to Someone?

Students may visit on campus with one of our staff or seek professional counseling from one of our off-campus community facilities. In the case where professional counseling is needed, students should contact one of the following staff members who will determine if a referral is warranted:

  • Julie Rowe
    Diversity, Inclusion and Access Coordinator, Technology Center 113A
  • Jess Simpson
    Student Support Services, College Center 208

Professional counseling is provided by Central Kansas Mental Health Center (CKMHC) or Veridian Behavioral Health in Salina. Both CKMHC and Veridian offer comprehensive mental health services and a full continuum of care for community members.

Students referred to professional counseling services may be eligible for free sessions. Please contact Julie Rowe at 785-820-7908 for more details.

Life-Threating Emergency

Call 911. Most people associate 911 with medical emergencies, however, 911 will also assist with emergencies such as someone seriously considering suicide.

Concerns About Another Person?

If you have concerns about a student, faculty, or staff member in the Kansas State Polytechnic community, submit a Student of Concern (SOC) form or contact one of the staff members listed.