Certified Inspector Training
The Kansas Department of Transportation has made the directive that all written exams for the CIT program will be moved online. Written and performance exams will be administered online at the same time. Students will register for one exam date and be given access to the written and performance exam. Exam dates and registration information is available on the Registration and Schedule page.
The move to online performance exams is a temporary replacement for the performance exam required by CIT certifications. These temporary online performance exams are only in place during COVID-19 restrictions and will be discontinued and replaced by normal, in-person performance exams once it is safe to gather in person. The temporary online performance exams are a written exam and will require a 70% or higher to pass.
ACI Concrete Field Tester will remain in person for both written and performance exams. At this time, the exam dates will be held as planned. Should COVID restrictions result in an inability to hold the in-person exam dates, they will be rescheduled. Please check the CIT website for ACI Concrete Field Tester dates.
Construction Stormwater field training will remain in person. The written exam will be offered online. At this time, the field training dates will be held as planned. Should COVID restrictions result in an inability to hold the in-person field training dates, they will be rescheduled. Please check the CIT website for Construction Stormwater dates.
UPDATE FOR THE 2020-21 SEASON: Due to the State of Kansas guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Kansas Department of Transportation has directed that all Certified Inspector Training courses and exams will be online beginning with the 2020-21 training season. The following will be in place for the upcoming training season:
- All courses will be online and available on-demand. Students will be able to access course materials at any time during the season.
- Written and performance exams will be administered online on specific dates.
- Starting in November, courses will be released on a rolling basis as they are available. As courses become available, registration for online courses and exams will open.
- Book material will be provided digitally through the online course or in the confirmation email for quiz out and recertification exams. Students may download and print the book if desired.
- Payment will be required at the time of registration for both online courses and/or exams. When registering for a course and exam, payment for the course and exam will be done at the same time. Credit card will be the only accepted payment method.
- Refund and cancellation policies have changed. Please review the Program Information page for full details.
- Kansas State Polytechnic has implemented COVID-19 policies to ensure the safety of each individual in the course and the community as a whole. Students will be required to review and adhere to these policies for all in-person exams.
- Please review the Program Information page for full details on all policies.
- If you have questions call the program office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
K-State Polytechnic provides Certified Inspector Training courses to KDOT technicians, contractors, and consultants. The courses offer in-depth knowledge of specifications, testing procedures, and inspection techniques.
KDOT's Certified Inspector Training program has three primary objectives. They are to:
- Provide skilled and knowledgeable personnel to sample and test materials and to inspect construction operations.
- Promote uniformity and consistency in test and inspection activities.
- Promote trust, open communication, and equality of qualifications.