Fly K-State Academy
Do you dream of flying? Are you an aspiring pilot? The Kansas State Polytechnic Flight Team is your host as you start your pilot training at Fly K-State Academy. Complete four missions designed to push your aviation skills to the limit! Learn how to take off and land, perform flight maneuvers, and take a cross-country flight using the tools of a professional pilot.
Program highlights include:
- 3.5 hours of flight time
- Experience in flight simulator
- Ground school basics
- Four missions
WHAT TO EXPECT
Participants will take part in an immersive four days on the K-State Polytechnic campus as they participate in flight instruction and planning and complete 3.5 hours of flight time. Participants will learn the skills and knowledge to complete a flight plan and then put their expertise to the test in a culminating cross country flight to Wichita with lunch at the renowned Stearman Field restaurant. In addition to working in the Stevens Flight Center and hands on learning on the flight line, students will stay in the residence halls, enjoy time in the student life center and experience life as a K-State Polytechnic pilot student.
Fly K-State Academy will cover all aspects of flight planning and piloting a plane broken into four missions:
- Mission #1 - pre flight inspection, take off and landing, traffic patterns (1 hour of flight time)
- Mission #2 - flight maneuvers (1 hour flight time)
- Mission #3 - instrument flight (completed in flight simulators)
- Mission #4 - cross country flight (1.5 hours flight time)
Jump start your aviation career and fly K-State!
Registration for this program is sold out.
Registration is limited to 12 participants.
Dates: July 22-25, 2019
Times: Check-in is at 9:00 am on July 22, see program schedule for exact program times
Grade: Students entering 9-12th grade
- All program supplies and instruction
- 3.5 hours of flight time and 1 hour of simulator time
- All meals and snacks and lodging in K-State Polytechnic residence halls
- Transportation to and from activities
- Logbook, E6B computer, plotter, and Wichita sectional chart
- K-State polo
- Evening activity programming
Registration deadline: July 5, 2019
- Completed registration form, access through the Register button at the top of this page.
Upon submission of registration form, participant's registration will be reviewed. Upon acceptance of registration, participant will receive email confirmation with further details about program. Program registration is limited to 12 participants.
If you have any questions regarding Fly K-State Academy or your registration, please contact Kris Grinter at 785-826-2676 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.