Self-Care is Ethical Practice: Compassion Stress Management Workshop
Social workers and other helping professionals have more and more demanded of their position during this unprecedented time. The workshop will educate helping professionals on how to identify trauma and stress in self and others, while practicing and maintaining effective self-care strategies.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the ethical implications for social work practice and self-care
- Identify secondary trauma injuries (including compassion fatigue, secondary traumatic stress, vicarious traumatization and burnout), recognize symptoms and warning signs in self and others
- Learn multiple dimensions of self-care
- Utilization of a variety of self-assessment tools to create awareness regarding self-care needs
- Create self-care plan for self and ability to facilitate self-care strategy with others
- Identify resources; learn mindfulness-based stress reduction tools for resiliency, prevention in self and ability to facilitate these with others
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this course is being offered online temporarily.
Registration for this course is closed. Please contact Professional Education and Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
Date: September 18, 2020
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm with hour lunch break
Location: Online live stream through Zoom
Cost: $125 - payment is due when registering
Continuing education credits: 3 ethics hours and 3 general hours
Registration deadline: September 11, 2020
Registration fee includes course instruction, online access, and hard copy materials. Course materials will be mailed to you in advance of the course.
A discounted rate is offered for companies or organizations sending multiple attendees. Discounts are tied to number of attendees as follows:
|Number of registrants||Available discount||Total price|
|3 registrants per company||1 registration 50% off||$312.50|
|4 registrants per company||1 registration free||$375|
For companies or organizations sending more than four employees, discounts will be applied in the same increments as indicated above.
The online training software operates on any Mac or PC system. Your system must have speakers with sound enabled. You will need a microphone (webcam optional) to participate in the program. You will need an internet connection, broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) is recommended.
You will need to download Zoom, a free video conferencing software to participate in the live activities. You can do this from the Zoom web site, or you will be prompted to download it prior to the program. Please review the Zoom system requirements.
If you have any questions regarding the event or your registration, please contact the K-State Polytechnic Professional Education and Outreach office at email@example.com.