Self-Care is Ethical Practice: Compassion Stress Management Workshop
Social workers and other helping professionals have more and more demanded of their position, often with less resources. This workshop will educate helping professionals on how to identify trauma and stress in self and others, while practicing strategies on how to exercise self-care.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the ethical implications for social work practice and self-care
- Identify secondary trauma injuries (including compassion fatigue, secondary traumatic stress, vicarious traumatization and burnout), recognize symptoms and warning signs in self and others
- Learn multiple dimensions of self-care
- Utilization of a variety of self-assessment tools to create awareness regarding self-care needs
- Create self-care plan for self and ability to facilitate self-care strategy with others
- Identify resources; learn mindfulness-based stress reduction tools for resiliency, prevention in self and ability to facilitate these with others
Date: Friday, July 19, 2019
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Outreach Center, Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus in Salina, Kansas
Continuing education credits: 3 ethics hours and 3 general hours
Registration deadline: Friday, July 12, 2019
Registration fee includes course instruction and materials and parking permit. Meals, travel, and lodging are not included in the registration fee and is the attendee's responsibility.
DISCOUNTS AND REGISTRATION FEE SCHOLARSHIP
A discounted rate is offered for companies or organizations sending multiple attendees. Discounts are tied to number of attendees as follows:
|Number of registrants||Available discount||Total price|
|3 registrants per company||1 registration 50% off||$312.50|
|4 registrants per company||1 registration free||$375|
For companies or organizations sending more than four employees, discounts will be applied in the same increments as indicated above.
A discounted registration rate is offered to current graduate and post doctoral students. To be eligible for the academia discount, students should complete a scholarship application form and submit proof of enrollment status. Download the application form for additional details on how to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the event or your registration, please contact the K-State Polytechnic Professional Education and Outreach office at 855-552-0079 (Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) or email email@example.com.