Certified Inspector Training
K-State Polytechnic provides Certified Inspector Training courses to KDOT technicians, contractors, and consultants. The courses offer in-depth knowledge of specifications, testing procedures, and inspection techniques.
KDOT's Certified Inspector Training program has three primary objectives. They are to:
- Provide skilled and knowledgeable personnel to sample and test materials and to inspect construction operations.
- Promote uniformity and consistency in test and inspection activities.
- Promote trust, open communication, and equality of qualifications.
NEW for the 2019-2020 Season
- Starting Nov. 1, 2019 all CIT class and exam results and certification cards will be emailed to the participant. K-State will no longer mail the results to each participant. The email will go to the participant email that was used at registration so we ask that you not use a comprehensive company email address that goes to everyone in the office.
- Parking permits for K-State Polytechnic campus parking will no longer be handed out at check in. There will be a link provided in the confirmation email to print a parking permit to bring to class. Place the permit on the driver's side dashboard of the vehicle you're driving. K-State will not be responsible if you receive a parking violation.
- The program fee includes all program materials, refreshment breaks, use of laboratory equipment during class and a class book unless otherwise noted.
- All registrations are on a first come-first served basis.
- The registration deadline is 7 business days prior to the class start date or the exam date. The registration fee must be paid prior to attending. If your fee is not paid your certification will be held until payment is received.
- A list of class dates can be found on the 2019-2020 Class Schedule page.
- The payor and participant contact emails, as listed on the registration form, will receive the confirmation e-mail and invoice upon completion of the online registration process.
- If you have questions call the program office at 785-826-2633 or toll free 1-855-552-0079 or email email@example.com.
- Participants will receive certification/results of written and performance examination within 2 weeks of exam date.