Test Center Environment
The Kansas State Polytechnic Testing Center provides a secure, comfortable and distraction-free environment for all testing. We are committed to ensuring your safety, security of test materials and equipment, and confidentiality of any personal information shared or provided to test center staff. The following information is essential to our efforts when providing quality service to you. All testing clients are held to the standards outlined below.
Since no cell phones, smart watches, PDAs, tablets, or other digital devices are allowed on the test center premises, clients who MUST leave an emergency contact number (baby sitters, crisis centers, etc.) where they can be reached can provide the following information to their contact person. During testing the contact information is 785-826-2633.
Emergency Action Plan
The Kansas State Polytechnic Testing Center has an active emergency action plan in effect. Testing clients’ are invited to ask for or review the test center emergency plan at any time. A copy of the K-State Emergency Action Guide is posted in the testing office for your information.
All fees must be paid in advance of the testing services being performed. The only forms of payment accepted at the test center are those described on the registration forms for services. Testing clients are responsible for arranging payments and honoring their payment agreements.
Food and Drink
Absolutely NO food is allowed in the testing room. Bottled water may be permitted depending on exam regulations. Testing clients must consume all food and drink prior to the testing appointment. For clients who test over an extended period of time, authorization for breaks and snacks must be granted by the test provider. Those who choose to consume a beverage or snack during extended testing will be responsible for providing their own and will only be allowed to consume the snack on an authorized break, outside the testing area. Clients will not be allowed to leave the building to purchase or consume snacks. It is important to know that all testing requirements and test center policies will remain in effect during authorized breaks.
The minimum requirement for identification at the test center is a current, unexpired state or government photo ID, with the test taker’s description and bearing a valid signature. Other identification requirements prescribed by test providers/schools/instructors must be met in order for any client to test. Clients are encouraged to review their test provider/school/instructor identification requirements prior to reporting to the test center. Clients without proper identification will not be allowed to test.
Parking on the Kansas State Polytechnic campus requires a permit or visitor’s pass. A permit will be provided to you when you arrive. For more information about parking at Kansas State Polytechnic visit the Parking Services webpage.
Permitted and Prohibited Behavior
Testing clients are strongly advised to read and understand the policies of their test providers regarding permitted and prohibited behaviors in the test center. Clients who violate these policies are subject to the test center's and/or the test provider's dismissal guidelines.
Only items required for testing are allowed in the test center. Lockers are available for storing personal property—purses, small handbags, or billfolds (not containing prohibited items) — at the test center. Clients must read their appointment/admission documents for instructions on what they are allowed to have at the test center. The testing center is not responsible for personal property left unattended at the center.
Only materials required for testing and/or outlined in test instructions are allowed in the testing room. Absolutely NO storage devices are allowed in the testing rooms. Testing clients who must have access to separate files in order to complete their test administration must contact the test center at least two weeks in advance to facilitate the coordination of use and standards for testing.
Testing Room Environment
Since the testing room must adequately accommodate all testing clients, you are reminded of the following
- Dress in layers: Testing room temperature may fluctuate depending on the number of occupants in the room and the season’s temperature.
- Consider other testing clients: Refrain from wearing strong perfumes and colognes.
- Smokers, please consider not smoking before entering the testing room. Kansas State Polytechnic is a smoke free campus. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on campus. Please review the university smoking policy prior to arriving on campus.
- Distractions: To provide a distraction-free environment in the testing room, please refrain from tapping pencils and pens on the desks, chairs, partitions, shoes, and body. Do not read aloud, hum, or breathe loudly when frustrated or anxious. If you are ill from a cold, flu or allergies, and cough, sneeze or sniffle uncontrollably or excessively you will cause a distraction in the testing room. We recommend you contact the test center staff about other testing accommodation.
- Hygiene: Take care of oral and personal hygiene before entering the test center. Understand that the testing room is not the place to relieve yourself. If you are ill, please consider rescheduling your appointment so as not to infect or make other testing clients ill.
Requests and/or consideration for special accommodations while testing must be initiated through the test provider/school/instructor and approved prior to exam day. The test center cannot grant special testing accommodations that are not approved prior to sitting for an exam.
All testing is subject to video and audio recording and surveillance. By agreeing to receive services from the testing center, testing clients are acknowledging their compliance and agreement to the policies and procedures of the test center.