Find a Proctor
It is the responsibility of the student to identify a proctor for their exam. Upon identifying a proctor, submit a proctor agreement. Proctor agreements must be submitted and approved prior to the exam date.
Who can proctor?
Students that need proctoring may select a proctor from a variety of options. The following options are available to students. Finding and scheduling a proctor is the responsibility of the student.
Kansas State Polytechnic Testing Center in Salina, Kansas
K-State students in the Salina area may use the Kansas State Polytechnic Testing Center at no charge. Students not enrolled at K-State may use the Testing Center for a small, semester fee. Please see the Schedule an Exam page for more details about the Kansas State Polytechnic Testing Center .
K-State Global Campus Testing Center in Manhattan, KS
K-State students in the Manhattan area may use the K-State Global Campus Testing Center at no charge. Submit a proctor agreement and select Global Campus to utilize their services.
In-person proctor options near you
If you are not located near Salina or Manhattan, the following are possible options for in-person proctoring. You are responsible as the student to find a suitable proctor in your area.
- Testing facility at a university or community college campus.
- County agent (extension office)
- Adult learning center
- Sylvan Learning Center/Huntington Learning Center (or equivalent)
- Military base representative (if military personnel are overseas/deployed, we will approve proctors on a case-by-case basis)
- Although not an exhaustive list, the Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC) provides additional testing center suggestions
At-home online proctoring by Examity
For courses with electronic exams, Examity is an at-home online proctoring service available to K-State students. Please review your course syllabus to determine if Examity would be permitted. Examity is not available for Kansas State Polytechnic math courses.
Examity proctoring fees are as follows:
- $13.50 for an exam less than 60 minutes
- $20.50 for an exam 61 to 120 minutes
- $5 per hour late fee for exams scheduled less than 24 hours in advance
Who cannot proctor?
The following is a list of who is not eligible to proctor your exam:
- Relative, partner or spouse
- Co-worker, business associate, or supervisor
- Friend or peer
- Kansas State University student
What happens after I submit my proctor agreement?
After submitting a proctor agreement, it is reviewed. If approved, you will receive a confirmation email saying your proctor has been approved. Your proctor will also receive a confirmation email with exam information. You are then responsible to schedule an exam time with your proctor.
What if I need to change proctors?
You will need to submit a new proctor agreement anytime you change proctors. Exam information will not be shared without a completed and approved proctor agreement.
For questions, please contact
Professional Education and Outreach
Kansas State Polytechnic