1. K-State home
  2. »Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus
  3. »Outreach
  4. »Testing Center
  5. »Credit By Exam

Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus
2310 Centennial Rd.
Salina, KS 67401

CLEP - Credit By Exam

Kansas State Polytechnic offers credit by examination opportunities through which you may earn academic credit in specific courses. You can receive college credit for successfully completing exams offered through the College Level Exam Program (CLEP).

A list of K-State courses for which you can receive credit can be found on the K-State Credit by Exam Info Sheet. Prior to scheduling and taking an exam, you should confer with your academic advisor or admissions representative to verify that the exam will be accepted for credit at the receiving institution. We recommend you review the CLEP exam descriptions. Please visit the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) website for more information about the exams.

To Schedule a CLEP Exam: 

Step 1: Review the Schedule an Exam page and use the online scheduler to schedule an exam time.

Step 2: Register and pay for an exam at the following link: http://clep.collegeboard.org/register/exam.  You will need to print the voucher and bring it with you to the exam. Each examination has an $85 examination fee and $10.00 administrative fee. The examination fee can be paid by credit card when you register for your exam.  The administrative fee can be paid by credit card or cash when you arrive to the testing center for your exam. 

Step 3: Request special accommodations, if applicable. If you have a learning or physical disability that would prevent you from taking a CLEP exam under standard conditions, you may request special accommodations. Arrange to take the exam on either a regularly scheduled test date or at a specially scheduled administration. For details, please contact the Testing Center at 785-826-2958 or profed@k-state.edu.

Other Credit by Examination Opportunities

Students with prior education or experience can gain credit for many K-State courses through locally constructed examinations. To qualify, you must be currently enrolled at K-State and receive permission from the head of the department offering the course.  Contact the appropriate department head for more information.