The Office of Fiscal Services works in coordination with Manhattan PreAward Services (PAS) to assist faculty, staff, and administrators in obtaining and administering funding from non-University sources to support K-State's creative and scholarly activities.
When a faculty member identifies an opportunity to apply for, he or she should contact:
102 Tullis Building
Proposal Submission Overview
Submitting a proposal follows this general process. Visit the Manhattan Office of Research & Sponsored Programs for more information.
- A faculty member, known as the Principle Investigator (PI), identifies an opportunity.
The PPM chapter on awards is available here.
- The PI writes the proposal, budget, and budget justification with assistance, as necessary, from Fiscal Services, which works in cooperation with Manhattan PreAward Services (PAS).
Templates for agreements, budgets, and more, are available from Manhattan PreAward Services.
- Fiscal Services prepares the documents in the eProposals system for approval by the department head, Office of Fiscal Services, and Dean's Office.
Fiscal Services typically requires 1 to 3 days to route the proposal for electronic signature; all signatures are typically obtained within 1 to 3 days.
- After campus approval, PAS reviews the submission and works with the PI, as necessary, to make corrections.
Standard proposals without any unresolved issues must be submitted at least 5 full business days before the submission deadline.
More complicated proposals that require resolution of research compliance matters, intellectual property rights, proposed publication delays or other sponsor review requirements, necessary legal interpretations, commitment of matching funds, securing of commitments for additional space to conduct the project, or a request for waiver of facilities and administrative costs, must be submitted at 10 full business days before the submission deadline.
- The Director of Research and Sponsored Programs signs the proposal and it is submitted to the sponsor.
- If the proposal is funded, Manhattan Sponsored Programs Accounting (SPA) will set up the award accounts and will work with the PI and Fiscal Services to provided the grant research administration.