1. K-State home
  2. »Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus
  3. »Admissions
  4. »Apply
  5. »Transfer students

Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus
2310 Centennial Rd.
101 Welcome Center
Salina, KS 67401



Transfer students

At Kansas State University, you'll find a friendly, welcoming environment for new students. We have events, services, programs and scholarships just for transfer students.

Transfer tips

  • Keep studying hard before you get to K-State. Your good grades can help you earn scholarships, and they'll leave a lasting impression on your current professors. You can also bring your study habits to K-State.
  • Plan ahead. Talk to K-State staff and current students to find out more about departments and majors. You can discover your interests, investigate courses, find graduation requirements, and get guidance on how to get where you want to be.
  • Get involved. You'll have more than 20 campus clubs and organizations to choose from, so you can find something that fits your interests. Joining a club helps you meet fellow K-Staters.

Admissions requirements

Students with 24 or more completed transfer hours must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 on all transfer course work by the time they start at K-State. Students with fewer than 24 hours must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all transfer course work but also must meet the freshman admission standards corresponding to high school graduation year. 

Transferring credits

Course transfer

There is a growing list of courses approved by the Kansas Board of Regents for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions.

Visit the Kansas Board of Regents Transfer and Articulation website for more information.

Reverse transfer of courses

Students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees.

Visit the Kansas Board of Regents Transfer and Articulation website for more information.

Transfer process

Many college credits transfer to K-State. K-State's academic departments will determine if and how these courses will be applied to your degree program. Your K-State GPA is figured only on courses taken at K-State.

Send transcripts

After you apply for admission and scholarships, have the registrar's office at the college you've attended mail, fax or send an authorized electronic transcript to the K-State admissions office.

If you completed college-level work during high school, you are also required to provide official college transcripts. You may have them faxed to us at 785-532-6393. If your registrar's office uses an electronic transcript provider, send them to k-state@k-state.edu.

If this is your first semester taking college courses, do not send a college transcript until the current semester ends and grades are recorded on the transcript. If you have completed college courses at the school you are now attending, have your transcript sent now and again after your current semester ends and grades are recorded on the transcript. A partial transcript is often sufficient to allow us to make an early admission decision and to begin the transfer credit evaluation for degree requirements.

If you are younger than 21, and if you have earned fewer than 24 hours of college-level credit by the time you plan to attend K-State, have your high school mail, fax, or send an authorized electronic transcript. Request thatACT send your official test results to K-State (college code 1428). SATscores may substitute for ACT scores (college code 6334).


  • The College of Engineering will not use any courses with a grade of D toward meeting degree requirements. All courses used in engineering degrees must be graded A, B or C.
  • Grades of C or higher are required in all courses labeled as foundation, professional, and supporting in College of Human Ecology degree programs.
  • The grade of D will transfer to K-State. However, if the D grade was earned in a foundation course, you may be required to repeat the course so that you will be successful in subsequent courses.


  • The unit of credit at K-State is the semester hour. All incoming transcripts will be converted to semester hours. Quarter credits are converted as follows: 1 quarter hour = .67 semester hour.
  • Courses accepted for transfer to K-State are college-level and academic in nature. Courses not accepted for transfer include such courses as vocational and technical, remedial and personal-interest courses. English language courses from international schools will not be accepted for transfer credit.
  • Two religion courses from a religiously affiliated institution will be accepted for transfer credit.
  • There is no limit on the age of the courses you have completed. Your K-State college will advise you which, if any, of the courses need to be updated to meet degree requirements.

Transfer equivalency

The transfer of credit is determined by the educational quality of the transfer institution, the comparability of content and level of credit earned, and the applicability of credit earned to K-State's degree requirements. Most academic credits submitted from any regionally accredited two- or four-year college, community college or university are accepted by K-State.

See how courses transfer


The Kansas Board of Regents requires that you complete at least 120 semester credit hours (some programs require more), 60 of which must be from institutions that have awarded the majority of their degrees at the bachelor's level or above. A minimum of 45 semester credit hours must be in upper-division courses. You must complete at least 30 hours at K-State, 20 of which must be in residence at K-State.

Schedule a visit

Request Information

Apply today
My major

Meet your rep