The library continues to provide many services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Students and instructors should check this page frequently for updates. Information will be added as it becomes available. The Kansas State University Polytechnic Library will open Monday, Aug. 3.
For more information regarding academic continuity visit the university’s Keep Teaching webpage. For the latest information regarding K-State’s response to COVID-19 visit the COVID-19 updates webpage.
Updated Hours of Operation
Prep Week - Nov. 30-Dec. 4 and Finals Week - Dec. 7-11
Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
CLOSED Saturdays and Sundays
CLOSED Dec. 14-Jan. 15
Available while classes are in session
AND Dec. 14-23 and Jan. 4-22
Other Safety Measures
The health and safety of our staff and patrons are of the utmost importance. In addition to the requirements listed above the library will also implement these additional measures.
- Furniture and computer stations are spaced at least six feet apart.
- The Quiet Room will NOT be available.
- All returned library materials will undergo a 72-hour quarantine.
- Print reserves (textbooks) will NOT be available for check out; where possible, e-book links will be available in Search It.
- Increased cleaning of all areas will be implemented by staff.
- Patrons will be provided with cleaning materials to clean their computer station or study area before and after use.
- Some materials such as staplers and dry erase markers, headphones, calculators, etc. are unavailable for check out. Patrons should bring their own materials.
Several resources are available online for research materials and can be accessed remotely. Some resources will require users to log in with their K-State E-ID and passwords.
HathiTrust has granted Temporary Emergency Access to their digitized items that correspond to K-State Libraries' book collection. The temporary access items are for reading online only. To take advantage of this enhanced service log in to their site with your K-State eID.
Interlibrary Loan will continue to process requests for articles and books chapters for electronic and print delivery, however, some requests may be delayed if the libraries that hold those items are closed, and extra time is needed to quarantine materials as they come in. Please plan your orders accordingly.
Our library front desk staff will also be available via live chat during the library’s hours of operation.
Your Undergraduate Services Librarian is available via e-mail, chat, and scheduled Zoom appointment. Subject and Course Guides are also available to provide research guidance for specific courses.
Embedded library instruction remains available. Instructors, please contact the Undergraduate Services Librarian directly to discuss your course needs.
You are welcome to return books to our book drop outside the College Center or to our front desk. To discuss other potential return arrangements, please contact our front desk staff.
If you need assistance renewing an item, please contact the front desk staff.
Center for Academic
Borrow, Renew, Return