Kansas State UniversityPolytechnic Campus
  1. K-State home
  2. »Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus
  3. »Academics
  4. »K-State Now
  5. »Frequently Asked Questions

K-State Polytechnic
Professional Education and Outreach
2310 Centennial Road
Outreach Center
Salina, KS 67401

785-826-2633 phone
785-826-2632 fax

Frequently Asked Questions

Are high school students eligible for federal financial aid, grants, and or loans?

No. Federal requirements state that students must have a high school diploma or GED, to be eligible for federal aid. 

Does the University academic calendar match the high school calendar?

The academic calendar for the University may not match your high school academic calendar. Start dates, end dates, final exam times, and holiday breaks will most likely be different. It is important to follow the Academic Calendar for official university dates and for students to clarify with their instructors the dates required for attendance.

Will I need to purchase a textbook?

Yes, students will need to purchase a textbook for their course if the course requires one. Some of our courses use open/alternative textbooks and don't require one. Textbooks can be found by clicking the textbook icon next to a course on the online course schedule or by selecting the "Salina textbooks" link found in the Student Center in KSIS. You can purchase textbooks at the bookstore on the first floor of the College Center or online.

Will I need a parking permit to park on campus?

If you will be parking a vehicle on campus, please visit our K-State Polytechnic Parking Services website to acquire your parking permit and to learn about our parking regulations. Permits are free but we do ask that students display them in their vehicles.

Are grades mailed to my permanent address?

Grades are not mailed to your permanent address. Grades are posted online in the student's account. Students can view their grades under the My Academics tab in KSIS

Do I as a parent/guardian have access to their student's academic records?

Parents/Guardians do not have access to a student's academic record at the university level. Students log into KSIS by using their eID and password to access their academic record. K-State policy mandates that students keep their eID password private. K-State policy prohibits using someone else's eID or sharing passwords. 

Will my courses transfer to other universities and colleges?

Every university or college has its own policies on what courses they accept for transfer. Please check with an admissions representative at the university or college you plan to attend.

How do I order a transcript?

A pre-college student will receive one transcript sent for free. The student must email profed@ksu.edu indicating the institution they want their transcript sent to. After the one free transcript has been sent, future transcripts need to be ordered through student's KSIS account. Visit our Transcript webpage for more information. 

Who do I call to arrange a campus tour?

If you are interested in attending K-State Polytechnic after high school, please visit our Admissions webpage or call 785-826-2640 to schedule a tour. 

How much will a course cost?

High school students receive a reduced tuition rate of $122 per credit hour for courses numbered 299 or below. Campus privilege fees will apply to students taking courses on campus.

If I want to attend K-State as an incoming freshman, what do I need to do?

Students will need to complete the general Application and submit high school transcripts with final grades. You will need to submit the $40 application fee before your application will be processed. 

Can I drop a course?

Yes, you can drop a course. Keep in mind that dropped courses may still be part of your academic record. There are also refund dates associated with dropped courses. You will have a short time to drop a course with a 100% refund. Please see the Academic Calendar for official drop dates. 

I still have questions.

Please contact profed@k-state.edu or 785-826-2633 for more information.