Bulk Solids Handling
Bulk solids make up more than 80 percent of items transported around the world, yet formal education and research about the science of these materials is not completely understood. The Professional Master of Technology, or PMT, graduate degree with bulk solids focus area is designed for individuals who currently have some bulk solids experience. The PMT focuses on all aspects of safely and efficiently handling bulk solids, with courses designed around improving manufacturing practices and storing and conveying. Visit the Kansas State University Bulk Solids Innovation Center.
Required Common Core Courses (15 credit hours)
- COT 701 Advanced Technical Communication
- COT 703 Project Management for Professionals
- COT 704 Managerial Finances, Metrics and Analytics
- COT 705 Transformational Leadership for Technology
- COT 706 Informatics and Technology Management
Course descriptions can be found in the Graduate Catalog.
Capstone Experience (3-6 credit hours)
- COT 781 Capstone Experience for Professional Master of Technology
Area of Concentration (9-12 credit hours)
- COT 770 Material Properties of Bulk Solids
- COT 771 Storage and Flow of Bulk Solids
- COT 772 Pneumatic Conveying of Bulk Solids
- COT 773 Instrumentation and Safety of Bulk Solids Handling
- COT 774 Mechanical Conveying of Bulk Solids
Please contact the PMT program director for individually tailored electives or focus areas.