Know Your Risks! Social Worker Safety Awareness Training
Attendees may use this course to receive 6 safety continuing education credits to meet compliance with KSA 2009 Supp. 65-6313. K-State Polytechnic is a pre-approved continuing education provider approved by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board. Provider number 15-005.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the dilemma social workers have in preparing for a risk of workplace violence.
- Recognize the personal impact of workplace vulnerability and violence on professionals.
- Assess prevention strategies including awareness of personal, environmental and agency risk factors.
- Develop interventions strategies using communication, de-escalation and agency protocols.
- Describe the importance of follow up strategies including debriefing, supervision and self-care.
Registration for this program is closed.
Date: June 14, 2018
Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Location: K-State Polytechnic in Salina, Kansas
Continuing education credits: 6 hours
Registration deadline: June 6, 2018
Registration fee includes course instruction and materials. Meals are not included in the registration fee and are the attendee's responsibility.
DISCOUNTS AND REGISTRATION FEE SCHOLARSHIP
A discounted rate is offered for companies or organizations sending multiple attendees. Discounts are tied to number of attendees as follows:
|Number of registrants||Available discount||Total price|
|3 registrants per company||1 registration 50% off||$187.50|
|4 registrants per company||1 registration free||$225|
For companies or organizations sending more than four employees, discounts will be applied in the same increments as indicated above.
A discounted registration rate is offered to current graduate and post doctoral students. To be eligible for the academia discount, students should complete a scholarship application form and submit proof of enrollment status by May 31, 2018. Download the application form for additional details on how to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the event or your registration, please contact the K-State Polytechnic Professional Education and Outreach office at 855-552-0079 (Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) or email email@example.com.