Know Your Risks! Social Worker Safety Awareness Training
Attendees may use this course to meet compliance 6 safety continuing education credits and to meet KSA 2009 Supp. 65-6313. K-State Polytechnic is a pre-approved continuing education provider approved by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board. Provider number 15-005.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the dilemma social workers have in preparing for a risk of workplace violence.
- Recognize the personal impact of workplace vulnerability and violence on professionals.
- Assess prevention strategies including awareness of personal, environmental and agency risk factors.
- Develop interventions strategies using communication, de-escalation and agency protocols.
- Describe the importance of follow up strategies including debriefing, supervision and self-care.
Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Hutchinson Location: Cosmosphere, 1100 N Plum Street
Topeka Location: Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library, 1515 SW 10th Avenue
Continuing education credits: 6 hours
Registration fee includes course instruction and materials. Meals are not included in the registration fee and are the attendee's responsibility.
DISCOUNTS AND REGISTRATION FEE SCHOLARSHIP
A discounted rate is offered for companies or organizations sending multiple attendees. Discounts are tied to number of attendees as follows:
|Number of registrants||Available discount||Total price|
|3 registrants per company||1 registration 50% off||$187.50|
|4 registrants per company||1 registration free||$225|
For companies or organizations sending more than four employees, discounts will be applied in the same increments as indicated above.
A discounted registration rate is offered to current graduate and post doctoral students. To be eligible for the academia discount, students should complete a scholarship application form and submit proof of enrollment status by March 27 for Hutchinson program or May 8 for Topeka program. Download the application form for additional details on how to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the event or your registration, please contact the K-State Polytechnic Professional Education and Outreach office at 855-552-0079 (Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) or email email@example.com.