Self-Care is Ethical Practice: Compassion Stress Management Workshop
Social workers and other helping professionals have more and more demanded of their position, often with less resources. This workshop will educate helping professionals on how to identify trauma and stress in self and others, while practicing strategies on how to exercise self-care.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the ethical implications for social work practice and self-care
- Identify secondary trauma injuries (including compassion fatigue, secondary traumatic stress, vicarious traumatization and burnout), recognize symptoms and warning signs in self and others
- Learn multiple dimensions of self-care
- Utilization of a variety of self-assessment tools to create awareness regarding self-care needs
- Create self-care plan for self and ability to facilitate self-care strategy with others
- Identify resources; learn mindfulness-based stress reduction tools for resiliency, prevention in self and ability to facilitate these with others
Date: Friday, September 15, 2017
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Outreach Center, K-State Polytechnic campus
Registration deadline: Friday, September 8, 2017
Registration fee includes course instruction and materials and parking permit. Meals are not included in the registration fee and is the attendee's responsibility.
For questions, please contact Professional Education and Outreach at email@example.com or call our toll free number at 855-552-0079.
DISCOUNTS AND REGISTRATION FEE SCHOLARSHIP
A discounted rate is offered for companies or organizations sending multiple attendees. Discounts are tied to number of attendees as follows:
|Number of registrants||Available discount||Total price|
|3 registrants per company||1 registration 50% off||$312.50|
|4 registrants per company||1 registration free||$375|
For companies or organizations sending more than four employees, discounts will be applied in the same increments as indicated above.
A discounted registration rate is offered to current graduate and post doctoral students. To be eligible for the academia discount, students should complete a scholarship application form and submit proof of enrollment status by Friday, September 1, 2018. Download the application form for additional details on how to apply.
TRAVEL TO K-STATE POLYTECHNIC
If you are traveling east or west on I-70, stay on I-70 until the I-70/I135 interchange. Travel south on I-135 to the Magnolia St. exit (No. 90). Go west on Magnolia to Centennial Rd. Turn right and proceed to the K-State Polytechnic campus.
If you are traveling north or south on I-135, take the Magnolia St. exit (No. 90). Go west on Magnolia to Centennial Rd. Turn right and proceed to the K-State Polytechnic campus.
If you have any questions regarding the event or your registration, please contact the K-State Polytechnic Professional Education and Outreach office at 855-552-0079 (Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.