- You can register by going to the CIT website www.citksu.com. On the left hand menu click 2017-2018 Classes then click the Register button at the top of the page. You will be taken to a registration site to complete your course registrations.
- User names and passwords are set up upon account creation. If you have forgotten your password or need help setting up an account, please call the program office at 785-826-2633.
- Companies sending multiple people to courses can create a company account and add employees under the main account for registration.
CIT Identification Number
- Identification numbers are assigned by the program office. Please call 785-826-2633 to request a number or to receive your previous number assigned.
- The registration deadline is 7 business days prior to the first day of class.
- All prerequisites must be met for courses prior to course attendance. Prerequisites must be current and proof of current status must be submitted to K-State prior to course start date.
- Basic Math Exam - We ask that you take the basic math exam at least 30 days prior to class start. Individual accommodations may be made by calling the program office at 785-826-2633.
- Statistics - Statistics exam is offered the day prior to the QC/QA Concrete Spec/CTB class. You can attend the Statistics class the day prior. In order to attend the QC/QA Concrete Spec. class you must pass the Statistics exam.
- Books are given at check-in on the first day of the course. Recertification / quiz out books are mailed approximately one month prior. If you haven’t received your book within that time frame, call the program office and we will track the shipment for you.
Changes and substitutions are allowed up to seven business days prior to the start date of the class. Substitutes must have the prerequisites before attending. After seven business days NO changes or substitutions will be allowed. Individuals who are not on the roster will not be allowed to attend class.
- To cancel a course, please use the confirmation email you received when registering by clicking the cancel registration link. If it is less than seven business days before the class or exam date you will not receive a refund and the registration fee is still owed on unpaid registrations. If it is more than seven business days before the class, then we will process a refund less a $27.50 processing fee.
- If a participant cancels their registration for the “Quiz Out” or “Re-Certification” option and the book has been mailed, the participant must return the book within five business days. If the book has been marked up it cannot be returned. If the book is not returned, the refund will be less the $20 processing fee and the cost of the book.
Course and Test Start Times
- Courses will begin promptly at the advertised time. Registrants arriving more than 30 minutes late on a course instruction day or 10 minutes late on a test day will not be allowed to participate. Instructors are not responsible to cover missed content with the participant.
- The CIT Program may cancel or postpone any course or activity due to low enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. If the event is canceled or postponed, the program office will refund registration fees, but cannot be held responsible for costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges associated by airlines, hotels, or travel agencies.
Supplemental Examiner Discount
A 25% registration discount is given to a company if the company allows a technician certified in Aggregate Field, Aggregate Lab, Concrete Field, Soils Field or Nuclear Gauge to serve as a supplemental examiner on two occasions. To serve as a supplemental, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exam results are not given over the telephone, fax or e-mail. Certification cards and results are mailed within two weeks of the exam date to the individual who took the exam. Results are reported to the KDOT CIT Program Administrator for certification. It is the responsibility of the supervisor to verify results with the individual seeking certification. Supervisors may receive certification results if a request is submitted in writing to the program office.
Exam Question Appeals
- Examination appeals must be submitted in writing within 30 days of receipt of the exam and should be addressed to:
Attn: CIT Program Administrator
Notice of Appeal
Bureau of Construction and Materials
SW Harrison Street 6th Floor
Topeka KS 66603-3745
- The CIT Program follows the Kansas State University Inclement weather policy. If the Polytechnic campus closes, CIT classes scheduled on campus will not meet. School closings are broadcast on KSAL radio 1150 AM and are recorded on the program office voice mail (785-826-2633) and citksu.com after 6:00 a.m. If a CIT class is held at other locations and State of Kansas employees in that area are not reporting to work, then class will be canceled.
- Auditing is permitted on a space available basis and request must be made in writing to email@example.com. Persons auditing a course will not complete written or performance exams. The fee for auditing a non-ACI course is the same as if the student were taking the course for certification. The fee for auditing an ACI course is reduced by the cost of the ACI testing fee.
- If you have additional questions contact the program office at 785-826-2633, toll free at 855-552-0079 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.