QC/QA Concrete Specifications/Cement Treated Base (QCS)
The CIT Program provides the following methods for obtaining certification:
1. Register for the QC/QA Concrete Specifications/Cement Treated Base class and pass the written exam. This option is required for initial certification.
Prerequisite: Pass Math exam at least 30 days prior to enrolled class date and pass Statistics. You may enroll in the Statistics class offered the day prior to this class but keep in mind that you must pass Statistics to be eligible to attend QC/QA Concrete Spec/CTB class.
2. Register for the QC/QA Concrete Specifications/Cement Treated Base Recertification Exam and pass the written exam. The recertification option allows a person to take the written exam for recertification without attending class. The QC/QA Concrete Specifications/Cement Treated Base workbook will be mailed to the address on the registration.
This course is an integral part of any KDOT QC/QA concrete specification/CTB project and is required for project managers and persons performing inspection functions on QC/QA concrete specification/CTB projects. It is also recommended for managers, testers and others directly involved with concrete pay issues.
- Contractor quality control requirements
- Materials requirements
- Any exceptions to the Concrete Classification and Proportioning Specification
- Requirements for Mix Design Approval
- Construction Requirements not stated in Standard Specifications
- Basis of Payment using Percent within Limits
- Construction Requirements
Workbook included in course fee
You Must Bring:
Pencils and notebooks
2016 Part V
2015 Standard Specifications for State Road and Bridge Construction Volumes I & II
Exam: This course requires a written exam.
Score: A score of 70% or higher is needed to pass