QC/QA Asphalt Specifications (AS)
Pass Math exam at least 30 days prior to enrolled class date and pass Statistics.
This satisfies part of the requirements for the Superpave Field certification for the engineers, technicians and other personnel who are involved in the construction of Superpave hot-mix asphalt (HMA) pavements using Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QC/QA) specifications in the State of Kansas. It is required for at least one person working for KDOT and one person working for the contractor on a Superpave project to be certified. These certifications are necessary for all KDOT Superpave projects.
- Introduction to the quality control/quality assurance (aspects) for Superpave HMA construction
- Contractor quality control requirements
- Review and use of KDOT’s QC/QA specifications for Superpave HMA construction on 1-R and major modification projects
- Superpave HMA QC/QA data interpretation for pay factor computation
- Use of software in pay factor computation
- All instructions will be provided in English units.
Workbook included in course fee
You Must Bring:
Exam: This course requires a written exam.
Score: A score of 70% or higher is needed to pass.