Hardened Concrete Properties (HCP)
Pass Basic Math Test at least 30 days prior to enrolled class date.
KDOT requires this course for persons who are sampling and testing hardened concrete cores, cylinders, or beams.
- Cap a cylindrical concrete specimen
- Use of unbonded caps to determine compressive strengths.
- Test the flexural strength of concrete.
- Test the compressive strength of concrete.
- Obtain cores for testing of concrete.
- Test the absorption of concrete using the Boil Test.
- Determine concrete strength by using a Maturity Meter.
- Review of concrete sampling and testing frequencies.
Workbook included in course fee
Exam: This course requires a written exam.
Score: A score of 70% or higher is needed to pass.