Construction Stormwater Training (CST)
This course is required by the Kansas Department of Transportation for individuals conducting site inspections for compliance with the KDHE general permit, contractor personnel designated as project Water Pollution Control Managers, and KDOT personnel with responsibility for SWPPP review and approval. This certification is valid for four years from completion of the course.Learning Objectives:
- Basic principles of erosion, sediment control and non-stormwater/waste management control
- NPDES Permit Requirements
- Stormwater related KDOT plans, specifications and procedures
- Inspection requirements and procedures
- Common compliance issues
- BMP installation and inspection (field demonstration)
Workbook included in course fee
You Must Bring:
What To Wear:
You should dress appropriately for the field component on the second day.
Exam: This course requires a written exam.
Score: A score of 70% or higher is needed to pass.