CMS Comprehensive Class (CMC)
The CIT Program provides the following methods for obtaining certification:
1. Register for the CMS Comprehensive class and pass the written exam. This option is required for initial certification.
Prerequisite: Pass Basic Inspection exam at least 30 days prior to enrolled class date.
2. Register for CMS Comprehensive Recertification exam and pass the written exam. The Recertification option allows a person to take the written exam for recertification without attending class. If this option is chosen, the individual is expressing their knowledge and ability to perform test procedures without coaching. This option is recommended for individuals who have at least five years experience. The CMS Comprehensive Workbook will be mailed to the address on the registration.
Prerequisite: Hold a current Basic Inspection certification
This course introduces inspectors to the Construction Management System (CMS). It focuses on entry of data gathered in the field such as material tests and contract administration information and covers how to create pay estimates, change orders and finalize contracts. The course changes based on the previous construction season.
DT # must be submitted to K-State Salina CIT Program Office prior to attending class. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 785-826-2632
- Review field books and contract and material reports.
- Load laptop with contract information
- Enter diary information and field documentation
- Transfer data from laptop to be given to area personnel
- Backup laptop, restore data to laptop, reset transfer flags
- Learn how to apply the latest release of CMS
- Synchronize laptop data with data on the mainframe.
- Enter and delete material test sample information.
- Troubleshooting data transfer including PC updates.
- Entry and troubleshooting change orders.
- Generating and troubleshooting pay estimates.
- Enter subcontractor requests and stored materials.
- Contract finalization and pre-construction notes.
- Improving materials contract final and deviation report.
- Administering contract/material reports
- General troubleshooting
You Must Bring:
Laptop with the most recent version of CMS already installed. If you come to class without a laptop or you bring a laptop that does not have CMS already installed, you will not be allowed to attend.
Exam: This course requires a written exam.
Score: A score of 70% or higher is needed to pass.