ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician (CF)
The CIT Program provides the following methods for obtaining certification:
1. Register for the ACI Concrete Field Tester Technician class and pass the written and performance exams.
Prerequisite: Pass Basic Math test at least 30 days prior to enrolled class date.
2. Register to attend the ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Review Class and pass the written and performance exams. This offers a person a one-day review class and the written and performance exams without attending the class. The ACI Concrete Field Testing Technican Workbook will be mailed to the address on the registration.
Prerequisite: Pass Basic Math test at least 30 days prior to enrolled class date
3. Register for the ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Quiz Out/Recertification and pass the written and performance exams. The Quiz Out/Recertification option allows a person to take the written and performance exams for initial certification or for recertification without attending class. If this option is chosen, the individual is expressing their knowledge and ability to perform test procedures without coaching. This option is recommended for individuals who have at least five years experience.The ACI Concrete Field Testing Technican Workbook will be mailed to the address on the registration.
Note: Contractors and Consultants can sponsor local ACI certification written and performance exams if they supply an ACI certified P.E. and supplemental examiners. For more information, contact Joe Hug, ACI Kansas Chapter Chairman at 620-473-2222
The Kansas Department of Transportation requires this course for persons testing concrete in the field.
- Sample freshly mixed concrete
- Determine the unit weight, yield, slump of concrete
- Use a pressure meter to determine the air content of fresh concrete.
- Use a roll-a-meter to determine the air content of freshly mixed concrete by the volumetric method.
- Make and cure concrete test specimens.
- Determine the temperature of freshly mixed Portland Cement Concrete.
ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Workbook included in class cost.
Exam: The class and quiz out/recertification options require a written exam and a performance exam.
Score: A score of 60% on each portion of the written exam plus a 70% overall score is required to pass. Failure on any part of the written exam requires a full retest. Failure on any performance sub test requires retest on the entire performance exam.