K-State Maker Academy
Calling all innovators, creators, and designers! Bring your ideas to life through engineering technology at the new K-State Maker Academy.
WHAT TO EXPECT
K-State Maker Academy will take participants through all aspects of computer aided design and 3D printing. Participants will be able to take their own ideas and create them on the computer, then see them come to life through 3D printing. The program includes a personal 3D printer that participants will modify during the program and then take home with them.
Participants will learn through hands on instruction and be able to:
- Learn design thinking with 3D modeling and printing
- Understand and apply the knowledge to take an innovative idea and create a digital 3D model of their idea
- Turn their digital 3D model into a 3D printed object
- Successfully setup and and produce quality objects from a 3D printer
This program has been canceled. Please contact Professional Education and Outreach at email@example.com for inquiries.
Grade: Students entering 9-12th grade
Cost: $800 per participant
- All program supplies and instruction
- 3D printer and printing supplies
- All meals and snacks and lodging in K-State Polytechnic residence halls
- Transportation to and from activities
- K-State polo
- Evening activity programming
Registration deadline: July 11, 2017
- Completed registration form, access through the Register button at the top of this page.
- Signed copy of Participation Waiver submitted to the Professional Education and Outreach office.
- Copy of insurance or medical card (front and back) and driver's license (front and back) submitted to the Professional Education and Outreach office.
- More details about participant expectations and program policies will be provided after registration.
Upon submission of registration form, participant's registration will be reviewed. Upon acceptance of registration, participant will receive email confirmation with further details about program. Program registration is limited to 10 participants.
If you have any questions, please contact the Professional Education and Outreach office at 785-826-2633 or toll free 855-552-0079 (Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm CST) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.