Process for Obtaining FAA Certification
- We will help you contact the local flight standards district office to get your FAA Form 8610-2.
- For the written and performance exam contact 785-826-2633 to schedule your exams on the Polytechnic campus.
- A score of 70% or better is considered passing.
- Examinations must be completed with in 24 months. Should military commitments exist, an extension may be granted.
- After oral and practical examinations are completed, the DME issues a temporary certified license.
- A&P Certification will be awarded by the FAA after the above process is completed.
FAA Examination Locations
- A FAA approved Testing Center is located on the K-State Polytechnic campus for the written portion of certification.
- Additionally, K-State Polytechnic has a Designated Maintenance Examiner on site for the practical portion of certification.
- Students with locations outside of the Salina / Fort Riley area can visit the FAA Exam Site document for additional exam locations.