Fly K-State Academy
Do you dream of flying? Are you an aspiring pilot? The Kansas State Polytechnic Flight Team is your host as you start your pilot training at Fly K-State Academy.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Participants will take part in an immersive three days on the K-State Polytechnic campus as they participate in flight instruction and planning and complete 3.5 hours of flight time. Participants will learn the skills and knowledge to complete a flight plan and then put their expertise to the test in a culminating cross country flight to Wichita with lunch at the renowned Stearman Field restaurant. In addition to working in the Stevens Flight Center and hands on learning on the flight line, students will stay in the residence halls, eat in the campus cafeteria, enjoy time in the student life center and experience life as a K-State Polytechnic pilot student.
Fly K-State Academy will cover all aspects of flight planning and piloting a plane broken into four missions:
- Mission #1 - pre flight inspection, take off and landing, traffic patterns (1 hour of flight time)
- Mission #2 - flight maneuvers (1 hour flight time)
- Mission #3 - instrument flight (completed in flight simulators)
- Mission #4 - cross country flight (1.5 hours flight time)
Jump start your aviation career and fly K-State!
Registration for this program is closed. Please contact Professional Education and Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
Dates: June 12-14, 2017
Times: Check-in is at 9:00 am on June 12, see program schedule for exact program times
Grade: Students entering 9-12th grade
Cost: $800 per participant
- All program supplies and instruction
- 3.5 hours of flight time and 1 hour of simulator time
- All meals and snacks and lodging in K-State Polytechnic residence halls
- Transportation to and from activities
- Logbook, E6B computer, plotter, and Wichita sectional chart
- K-State polo
- Evening activity programming
Registration deadline: June 2, 2017
- Completed registration form, access through the Register button at the top of this page.
- Signed copy of Participation Waiver submitted to the Professional Education and Outreach office.
- Copy of birth certificate, insurance or medical card (front and back) and driver's license (front and back) submitted to the Professional Education and Outreach office.
- More details about participant expectations and program policies will be provided after registration.
Upon submission of registration form, participant's registration will be reviewed. Upon acceptance of registration, participant will receive email confirmation with further details about program. Program registration is limited to 16 participants.
If you have any questions regarding Fly K-State Academy or your registration, please contact the Professional Education and Outreach office at 785-826-2633 or toll free 855-552-0079 (Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm CST) or email email@example.com.