Go up, up, and way - take flight without your feet leaving the ground! Join the Kansas State Polytechnic UAS Club to explore the world of unmanned aviation. Program highlights include:
- Develop your flying skills before you are put to the test flying your brand new quadcopter - then take the quadcopter home!
- Tour K-State Polytechnic's Unmanned Aircraft Systems Laboratory and see K-State's fleet of over 30 aircraft, various sensors and payloads, and the data that these systems are able to collect
- Learn about the wide variety of applications that unmanned aviation systems (UAS) can be used for and learn the important rules people should follow in order to keep our skies safe.
Date: June 2, 2017
Time: 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Grade: Students entering 6-8th grade
Registration includes all program supplies and instruction, quadcopter for use during the program and to take home, and lunch and snacks.
This program is intended for students entering 6th-8th grade. Program registration is limited to 20 participants. Registration deadline is May 25, 2017.
- Completed registration form, access through the Register button at the top of this page.
- Signed copy of UAS Commander Participation Waiver submitted to the Professional Education and Outreach office.
- Copy of insurance/medical card (front and back) submitted to the Professional Education and Outreach office.
Upon submission of registration form, participant's registration will be reviewed. Upon acceptance of registration, participant will receive email confirmation with further details about program. Program registration is limited to 30 participants.
Participants and their parent/guardian should also review and understand the Discover Program Participant Expectations.
If you have any questions regarding the event or your registration, please contact the Professional Education and Outreach office at 785-826-2633 or toll free 855-552-0079 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.