Virtual World: Modding Minecraft
Take the world of Minecraft that you already know and make it your own. Creating a mod for Minecraft is a challenging but rewarding experience for the student that loves the game. In this program, participants will learn build their own mods for the desktop/laptop version of Minecraft using fundamental programming concepts.
Program highlights include:
- Program your own Minecraft mod
- Create new textures
- Procedurally generate landscape features
- Access for one year to LearnToMod so you can continue modding Minecraft at home
This program will not be offered in 2018. Please contact Professional Education and Outreach for inquiries at email@example.com.
Grade: Students entering 6-8th grade
Cost: $65 per participant
Registration includes all program supplies and instruction, one year membership to LearnToMod, and lunch and snacks. Students are not required to have a Minecraft account but personal accounts may be used during the program if available. More information on Minecraft access is sent in the confirmation email after registration.
- Completed registration form, access through the Register button.
- Signed copy of Participation Waiver submitted to the Professional Education and Outreach office.
- Copy of insurance/medical card (front and back) submitted to the Professional Education and Outreach office
Participants and their parent/guardian should also review and understand the Discover Program Participant Expectations.
Upon submission of registration form, participant's registration will be reviewed. Upon acceptance of registration, participant will receive email confirmation with further details about program. Program registration is limited to 20 participants.
If you have any questions regarding the event or your registration, please contact the Professional Education and Outreach office at 785-826-2633 or toll free 855-552-0079 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.