Aviation Fixation Kansas City
July 15, 2016
Discover the world of aviation through this exciting program. Learn about aviation topics and complete hands on projects with Kansas State Polytechnic in Olathe, Kansas. Program highlights include:
- Learn the parts of an airplane while sitting in a K-State plane
- Practice flying in a simulator
- Tour an air traffic control tower
- Practice the aviation alphabet
- Explore careers in aviation
|7:30-8:00 am||Check in|
|8:00 am||Welcome and facility tour|
|8:30 am||History of aviation and flight theory|
|9:30 am||Types of aircraft|
|10:15 am||Snack break|
|10:30 am||Air traffic control and tower tour|
|12:30 pm||Weather and navigation|
|1:30 pm||Aviation careers|
|2:00 pm||Snack break|
|2:15 pm||Flight planning|
|3:00 pm||Flight simulator|
|3:30 pm||Aviation Jeopardy|
Registration for this program is closed.
This program is intended for students entering 3rd-5th grade. Program registration is limited to 20 participants. Registration deadline is July 8, 2016. Upon submission of registration form, participant's registration will be reviewed. Upon acceptance of registration, participant will receive email confirmation with further details about program.
$100 per participant
- All program supplies and instruction
- Transportation to and from Johnson County Executive Airport control tower
- Your own set of pilot wings
- Lunch and snacks
- Completed registration form, access through the Register button at the top of this page.
- Signed copy of Participation Waiver submitted to the Professional Education and Outreach office.
- Copy of medical card (front and back) submitted to the Professional Education and Outreach office.
Participants and their parent/guardian should also review and understand the Discover Program participant expectations.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
Aviation Fixation will be held at Air Associates on the Johnson County Executive Airport in Olathe, KS.
Address: 12901 W 151st St, Olathe, KS 66062
If you have any questions regarding the event or your registration, please contact the Professional Education and Outreach office at 785-826-2633 or toll free 855-552-0079 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) or firstname.lastname@example.org.