Kansas State Polytechnic Open House 2016
Saturday, April 16 | 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Unfold your future
Whether you’re a Kansas State University Poltechnic Campus graduate or a Wildcat supporter in the community, we’d love for you to experience our campus in a completely different way! Open House is an opportunity for the campus to showcase its innovative education, dedicated students and strategies for the future. More than 40 booths will be on display across campus exhibiting student clubs and organizations, class projects, academic information and fun, interactive demonstrations. Come learn more about life at Kansas State Polytechnic and let us help you unfold your future!
Ignite your purple pride
Kansas State Polytechnic's Open House is a family friendly event dedicated to education, entertainment and energizing the Wildcat spirit! These are just a few examples of the fun you’re going to have:
- Photo Booth: Capture the excitement of Open House in our student run photo booth and take home your photo.
- Flight Team Pancake Breakfast - Start your Open House experience off right with a pancake breakfast from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. courtesy of Kansas State Polytechnic's Flight Team. Also, stay out on the ramp and take a look at some of the university's aircraft.
- Melts in Your Mouth, Not in Your Hand - Assist computer systems technology students in activating a robotic M&M dispenser designed and built as a class project.
- Flying the Garmin Glass Cockpit - Take to the skies with the aviation department in an airplane simulator using Garmin’s Glass Cockpit with Synthetic Vision; you will feel like you’re operating a Cessna 172.
- Robot Automation - Dance with a robot or watch it perform a variety of tasks depending on your commands.
- Bottle Rocket Build and Launch - Decorate your own two-liter bottle rocket and with the help of our physics students, pump it up and see how far it launches.
- Chemistry Demos - Watch in wonderment as Kansas State Polytechnic's chemistry students demonstrate some of their fascinating class projects.
- UAS Club - Check out the fleet of unmanned aircraft from our UAS program, one of the best in the nation.
- Vehicle Displays - Examine a solar boat, electric car and Baja car from Kansas State Polytechnic's Solar Boat/Car Club and the Baja SAE Club, with possible vehicle demonstrations.