Kansas State Polytechnic Open House 2016
Saturday, April 16 | 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Whether you’re a Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus future student or graduate or a Wildcat supporter in the community, we’d love for you to experience our campus in a completely different way! Open House is an opportunity for the campus to showcase its innovative education, dedicated students, and strategies for the future.
Join us for hands on demonstrations, activities, food, and more! Academic departments and student clubs and organizations will be on display across campus exhibiting class projects, academic information, and fun, interactive demonstrations. Come learn more about life at Kansas State Polytechnic!
Ignite your purple pride
Kansas State Polytechnic's Open House is a family friendly event dedicated to education, entertainment, and energizing the Wildcat spirit!
- Willie the Wildcat - Willie will be on campus starting from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm to pose for photos and sign autographs. Make sure to meet K-State’s favorite mascot!
- Flight Team Pancake Breakfast - Start your Open House experience off right with a pancake breakfast from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. courtesy of Kansas State Polytechnic's Flight Team. Also, stay out on the ramp and take a look at some of the university's aircraft.
- Food Trucks – Stay for lunch and enjoy food from local food trucks including Chapman’s Takeaway and Lil’Bit Gourmet Burgers, and Charlie’s Pizza Taco! Trucks will be open from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm or while supplies last.
- Video Game Competition – Join the K-State Gamers Board to play a multiplayer computer game against other Open House attendees.
- Flying the Garmin Glass Cockpit - Take to the skies with the aviation department in an airplane simulator using Garmin’s Glass Cockpit with Synthetic Vision; you will feel like you’re operating a Cessna 172.
- Robot Automation - Dance with a robot or watch it perform a variety of tasks depending on your commands.
- Chemistry Magic Show - Watch in wonderment as Kansas State Polytechnic's chemistry students demonstrate some of their fascinating class projects.