Fall and Spring Semesters
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Monday thru Thursday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday & Sunday
When classes are not in session, Library Hours are 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday and closed Saturday and Sunday
Undergraduate Services Librarian
Interlibrary Loan and Acquisitions
Circulation and Cataloging
Student positions require that you be enrolled at K-State in at least six credit hours during the fall or spring semester. (In the event that an applicant is granted an interview, a copy of his/her class schedule must be presented at this time.) Students eligible for Work Study receive preference. K-State's complete eligibility policy including summer work.
- Download and complete the Student Employment Application
- Attach application to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line of your email, type Student Employment Application
- Attach a résumé. A résumé is desirable but not required and can be attached to the electronic application.
- Send the email. We will contact you if you are chosen for an interview.
If you are not contacted for an interview and wish to be considered for a subsequent opening in the same semester, please inform our student hiring coordinator, Pam Bower at email@example.com or 785-826-2636. A new application is required each semester.
- A current KSU ID or or community patron card is required to borrow materials. You are responsible for the material you borrow. Please pay attention to loan periods and due dates. Keeping your e-mail and postal mailing address up to date with K-State Libraries will help ensure you receive notices in a timely manner. Please read all notices the libraries send to you.
- Materials can be renewed twice in person, unless there is a hold or another request for the item. Reference and reserve items do not usually circulate outside of the library.
- Overdue Fines:. $0.25 / day Books & other materials $1.00 / day Videos $1.00 / day Periodicals
- Lost/Damaged Items: PATRONS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MATERIALS UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN RETURNED. LOST/DAMAGED FEES WILL BE ASSESSED $10.00 Processing Fee for each item $55.00 Lost/Damaged Repalcement Fee for each item
- YOU WILL BE BLOCKED FROM GETTING TRANSCRIPTS AND FROM REGISTERING WITH OUTSTANDING LIBRARY FINES AND CHARGES.
- Food and Drink: Food and drink are allowed in the library. Please do not have food and drink around computer workstations.
- Reserves: Reserve materials are kept behind the Circulation Desk. The reserve collection primarily consists of materials selected by faculty to supplement their courses and which need to be made available to many students throughout the semester. Nearly all Reserve items are for 2-HOUR check out and in-library use ONLY.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL): Many times our collection will not contain the items you need, and in these cases we can borrow materials from other cooperating libraries. We have a statewide agreement in Kansas for I.L.L, but we can also try to borrow from outside of the state. I.L.L.s may involve charges which are the sole responsibility of the borrower, although most of our transactions are at no charge, and the usual waiting period for items is 5-10 days. Materials borrowed from the KSU Libraries on main campus are considered interlibrary loans. ILL services are not available to non-university library users.
- We actively solicit the input of both students and faculty in suggesting materials for the library collection. You can talk to one of the library staff or fill out a Materials Request Form.
The K-State Polytechnic Library will be a model of excellence for technical libraries in service and resources. The library will endeavor to contain the finest and most current technical and scientific information through collection development, modern computing, and telecommunications technology.
The mission of the K-State Polytechnic Library is to support the college in its mission of teaching, scholarship, and service, and to support resource sharing in the community and state. In striving to fulfill these goals, the philosophy of the library is changing. The Library is no longer a warehouse of materials, it is a facilitator of information exchange. Successful implementation of these goals is influenced by a tradition of providing print and non-print resource materials, the promise of new technologies, and well-trained library staff who facilitate information access.
The K-State Polytechnic Library welcomes and supports all people in their enjoyment of reading and pursuit of lifelong learning. Working together, we strive to provide equal access to information, ideas and knowledge through books, electronic databases, programs and other resources.
We believe in the freedom
Printing cost in the library. After sending your file to the printer, come to the Questions Desk to pick up and pay for your print. Your print account is NOT accessible on the Polytechnic campus. The library only accepts cash.
Black & White 4014 printer
Black & White
8.5” x 11”
11” x 17”
8.5” x 11”
11” x 17”
$0.10 per side
$0.25 per side
$0.65 per side
$1.35 per side
Photocopying cost 10 cents per page. Come to the Questions Desk and the library assistant will photocopy the item for you. Photocopier cannot produce double sided copies or color copies.
Scanning cost only if scan is printed, refer to above printing cost. Scanning is free if you save it to your flash drive or send to email account.
Faxing cost for phone numbers other than KSU campuses. Come to the Questions Desk for a cover sheet which is required to be sent with your fax. The cover sheet is not counted in the number of pages. Faxes sent to another KSU campus are free.
$0.25 per page
$0.10 per side
Binding a report cost $2.35 and includes 2 clear sheet covers and plastic comb. May take up to 24 hours.
Laminating cost varies per size. Come to the Questions Desk for more information. May take up to 24 hours.