Connecting to Secure KSU Wireless on Windows 8
A valid K-State eID/password is required to connect to the secure "KSU Wireless" or "KSU Housing" networks. The steps to connect are listed below:
- From the desktop screen, click on the wireless icon in the system tray (lower-right corner of the desktop)
- Select "KSU Wireless" or "KSU Housing" and click "Connect".
- You will receive a message that says Windows can't verify the server's identity. You can click "Show certificate details" to view the server thumbprint. Verify that the SHA1 thumbprint shown matches one of the servers listed below and then click "Connect".
- Enter your k-state eID and eID password and click "OK"
- You may receive a second message that says Windows can't verify the server's identity. Again, verify the server thumbprint matches the number given in the steps above and click "Connect".