Connecting from home with a Mac . . . to a Windows office computer
- Connect to the VPN by clicking on the OpenVPN icon in the apple menu bar (upper right corner of your screen) and selecting Go to vpn.salina.k-state.edu.
- A web page will open and prompt you for a username and password. Enter your K-State eID and password, select Connect, and click Go.
- Click on the Remote Desktop Connection icon on your dock.
- In the Remote Desktop Connection window, enter the IP address or DNS Name of your office computer, and click connect.
The DNS Name of your office computer is usually the same as your eID - eg. "jsmith" or "jsmith.salina.k-state.edu"
- A window with a login screen for your office computer should appear. Log in just as you would if you were in your office, with your Salina user-ID and password.