Connecting from home with a Mac . . . to a Mac OS X office computer
- Connect to the VPN by clicking on the OpenVPN icon in the apple menu bar (upper right corner of your screen) and selecting Go to vpn.salina.k-state.edu.
- A web page will open and prompt you for a username and password. Enter your K-State eID and password, select Connect, and click Go.
- Click on the Screen Sharing icon that you created previously in your dock.
- A Connect to Shared Computer window should appear. Enter the IP address or DNS Name of your office computer, and click Connect.
The DNS Name of your office computer is usually the same as your eID - eg. "jsmith" or "jsmith.salina.k-state.edu"
- You will be prompted for a username and password to connect to your computer. Use the same username/password that you use to log on to your Mac computer at work.