1. K-State home
  2. »Kansas State Polytechnic
  3. »Human Resources
  4. »Student Employment

Kansas State Polytechnic

Student Employment

To be eligible for student employment, the student must be enrolled in 6 credit hours for Fall and Spring Semesters or 3 credit hours during the Summer Sessions.  In combination of all departments, a student is limited to working 30 hours per week while school is in session.  An original social security card must be presented to Human Resources. For more detailed information regarding student employment please go to KSU Policy & Procedure Manual, Chapter 4720: http://www.k-state.edu/policies/ppm/4720.html


  • The Department must complete a Student Employee Work Request, and submit it to the Polytechnic Campus HR Office.  The preferred method of sending to HR is by e-mail to both Tammy Arnold, tammya@ksu.edu and Denise Werth, dwerth@ksu.edu .
  • The Department must verify that student has an original social security card as required by Kansas State University Human Capital Services for employment and a driver’s license or student identification card.
  • Department will contact student to schedule an appointment with the Polytechnic Campus HR Office for completion of appointment paperwork. 


Department must complete a Student Termination Request and forward it to Polytechnic Campus HR.  

Student Forms: