Professional Pilot Program Performance and Continuous Improvement
Professional Pilot Option Mission
The mission of the K-State Polytechnic Professional Pilot Program is to provide future aviation leaders a quality aviation education in order to prepare them for careers as aviation professionals.
Program Learning Objectives
Professional Pilot program graduates should demonstrate
- Social and global awareness
- Ethical decision making
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Service orientation
- Commitment to personal and technical excellence
- Commitment to promoting aviation safety
- Appreciation of environmental sustainability factors related to the aviation industry
- High proficiency in oral and written communication
- Team orientation
- Technical excellence (specific to each degree option)
Program Admission Requirements
Program Assessment Measures
This matrix identifies an assessment plan where courses are identified for Introducing (I), Practicing (P), and Assessing (A) student learning outcomes. All outcomes are aligned (university, AABI accreditation, program, course, etc.) in a clear, concise manner in a matrix format.
Annual Assessment Reports
2015 Annual Report - AABI Self Study
2016 Annual Report - Assessment Plan Update
The comprehensive strategic plan for the Professional Pilot program aligns with the K-State 2025 Strategic Action Plan. The assessment plan aligns AABI criterion to the appropriate university themes in the 2025 plan, and illustrates progress on each of the identified goals.
Graduation Rates/Career Placement