Paying for college
Earn part of the $29 million K-State awards each year in scholarships. They're awarded based on academics, activities, service and financial need.
Students are awarded only one academic or leadership scholarship, where the highest eligible dollar amount is given. Supplemental awards can increase these awards, but the prestigious Presidential Scholarship replaces any other award.
- Apply early: Make sure you don't miss deadlines.
- Apply for everything: Never assume you don't qualify.
- Write: Essay scholarships means fewer people will apply, increasing your chances of earning money.
- Avoid scams: Search free scholarship databases and avoid paying fees.
- Network: Find scholarships from school counselors and community organizations.